There are times on your journey when you feel low. Tired of not seeing changes, annoyed with workouts that don’t seem to be working. Frustrated with healthy food that is just not hitting the “spot” or getting rid of you’re “bad” spots.
On those days, it’s easy to look in the mirror and rip yourself apart body part by body part. Point out all the errors and flaws, pull on the parts of your body that you wish would just fall off.
Rather than looking at our map for our journey and checking out our game plan. We criticize the player, we demean the hard work we put in because the results are not to our liking.
We end up feeling lower and lower, not only are we frustrated and tired, now we feel ugly, like a failure and a waste of time.
How do you beat that feeling and end that cycle?
Rather then allowing yourself to beat-up and criticize the player. Look at the game plan. But in a different way. How would your respond to a friend that came to you feeling that way? would you say “wow…you should just give up, clearly this getting fit thing is NOT for you!” or “Why do you even bother…it’s obvious it’s not working…” if we spoke to our friends that way, I don’t think we would have many left, if any at all! So get out of the habit of speaking to yourself that way!
And it starts now:
When you need to re-evaluate your game plan, write a letter. But write it as if it’s for a friend. You would NEVER tell a friend to stop eating….or eat below 500 calories. So this is your time to create a healthy positive game plan for yourself.
I can sense how frustrated you are. But I want you to know how hard I can see you working. I am in aww at your dedication! You are the only person I know that can work out as hard as you do so close to having a major surgery. I know you feel down because you don’t feel 100% back, but you’re almost there! You are doing everything right! Eating healthy and enough, you even added more veggies in your diet which is a huge bonus! You don’t need to beat yourself up for your body needing time to adjust. You have this fitness thing DOWN. So work on recovery too. I’m proud of you!
- jennsaysrawr reblogged this from byeexcess
- jennsaysrawr likes this
- neverstoprunning6 reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- byeexcess reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- sleeplesslyawake reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- itstimestartliving reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- weirdicelander reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- weirdicelander likes this
- healthyreality likes this
- minimarathonmegan reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- neverletmegeaux likes this
- unbeknownstlove likes this
- naelea-s reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- naelea-s likes this
- one-step-closer-to-fitness reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- moonchildbritt reblogged this from trainandbefit
- sincerelyyoursbnicole reblogged this from britplustany
- activeworkofart reblogged this from funeralformyfat and added:
- captainace920 likes this
- that-bird likes this
- xotiffanynichole reblogged this from thebeginningofhealthy
- munch203 likes this
- cupcakegettingfit reblogged this from thebeginningofhealthy
- beautyfromtheraw likes this
- thebeginningofhealthy reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- barefitness likes this
- strong-healthyand-fit likes this
- strongrunningandcoffee reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- c-lean-start reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- doinghealthyright reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- onmywaytohhealthy likes this
- applesauceandavacados likes this
- jessicas-underground likes this
- ourfantasia likes this
- lindslightyear reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- liamjpayneismine likes this
- dbb6 likes this
- journey-to-enlightenment likes this
- kadennorris likes this
- colossalmass likes this
- music50933 likes this
- lululunges reblogged this from going-to-be-thinner
- posihealth reblogged this from earningfitness
- going-to-be-thinner reblogged this from funeralformyfat
- unfuckthereallife likes this
- freshlymotivated likes this
- y-michal likes this
- skinnyskies reblogged this from funeralformyfat